The Kind Of Representation You Want
- Estate Planning and Probate 50%
- Personal Injury/Wrongful Death Litigation 30%
- Business/Commercial Litigation 20%
The Wolcott family ranched in Texas for 4 generations, from 1853 to 1942. Craig's father Eldon ranched between Center Point and Camp Verde and graduated from Kerrville Tivy High School. After college and service in the Navy, Eldon worked in engineering in Bolivia, New York City and Houston, where he raised his family.
Craig was born in Houston in 1953. He attended public schools, and graduated from the University of Texas in 1976. While working in construction, he attended law school at night. He graduated from South Texas College of Law in 1983.
Craig worked at the Houston law firm Hays, McConn, Rice & Pickering, as a law clerk, an associate, and then partner and management committee member, from 1982 through 2012, when he ultimately elected to open his own law practice in the Texas Hill Country.
He's handled personal injury, business / commercial, and probate litigation from Austin to Del Rio. He recently recovered a Plaintiff's personal injury jury verdict for a Gillespie County resident in Fredericksburg.
Debra and Craig Wolcott were married in 1979. They have four grown children: Anna Lee, Sarah Claire, Laura Jane, and Clay. The Wolcotts own and operate The Historic Rocksprings Hotel located across from the courthouse square in Rocksprings, Edwards County, Texas.
- South Texas College of Law Houston, Houston, Texas
- J.D. - 1983
- University of Texas, Austin, Texas
- B.B.A. - 1976
- Major: Finance
- Texas, 1983
- Texas Bar Foundation, Life Fellow - 2001
- Use of Objections: Pre-Trial and In the Heat of Battle, STCL Trial Issues and Practice Seminar, 1991
- E.R. Dupuis Concrete Co. v. Penn Mutual Life Ins. Co., 137 S.W. 3d 311 (Tex. App. - Beaumont 2004 no pet.)
- The Prudential Insurance Co. of America v. Financial Review Services, Inc., 29 S.W. 3d 74 (Tex. 2000)
- Financial Review Services, Inc. v. The Prudential Insurance Co. of America, 50 S.W. 3d 495 (Tex. App. - Houston [14th Dist.] 1998 pet. granted)
- Viviano v. Moore, 899 S.W. 2d 326 (Tex. App. - Houston [14th Dist.] 1995 no writ)
- Houston Lighting & Power Company v. Russo Properties, Inc., 710 S.W. 2d 711 (Tex. App. - Houston [1st Dist.] 1985 no writ)
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated - Martindale.com
- Texas Super Lawyer - 2012, 2014-2016, 2020-2023
Classes & Seminars
- Use of Objections: Pre-Trial and Trial, South Texas College of Law - May 1993
- People in need of a Will, Medical Power of Attorney, Directive to Physicians, HIPAA, Authorization and Financial Power of Attorney
- Executors of Will for Probate
- Motor Vehicle crash injury victims
- Businesses/Consumers in need of dispute resolution
- Mike Gee
- Mary Crawford
- Karen Alexander
- Donicio Aleman
- Hays, McConn, Rice & Pickering, LLC, Management Comm./Partner/Associate, 1983 to 2012
- Thomas J. Henry Law, PLLC, Senior Litigation Attorney, 2019 to 2020
Certified Legal Specialties
- Civil Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 1990
- Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2001